|I am getting legitimate emails go into *MY* junk mail folder|
You are getting legitimate emails go into YOUR junk mail folder. eg emails from clients, suppliers, friends and family.
Why this might happen
Please read our other FAQ
if email you are sending ends up in the recipient's junk mail folder. Read this by clicking here
This usually happens for one (or more) of the following reasons:-
- The person who is emailing you is using an email supplier who doesn't have "SPF records" set up correctly. "SPF records" are an anti-spam measure, and if their email system doesn't have them, or doesn't have them set up correctly then this person will no doubt have many of their emails go into junk mail folders, regardless of who they are emailing. It's unusual that people don't have SPF records setup, but when it does happen it's most common when their IT and/or email provider is small or inexperienced and has overlooked this. In this case, they simply need to make sure that their IT and/or email provider has their SPF records setup correctly.
- The contents of their email contains spam "triggers". Spam triggers can be words which the spam filter things look spammy, and thus marks the message as spam.
- Because Spam filters aren't 100% accurate. The anti-spam system we use isn't written by us; instead we leave it to the experts in this area and we use spam filters made by some of the leading companies such as Mail Enable and Spam Assassin. Whilst these anti-spam systems are good, it's almost impossible for them to be 100% accurate as only a human being can tell if an email is spam or not.
- You have an anti-spam system installed on your PC/Mac/tablet/phone which wasn't provided by us, and this is putting some of your valid emails into your junk mail folder. Please check to see if you have a junk mail system built into your email software, or, if you have some anti-virus/internet security which is doing some junk mail filtering, and ensure your whitelists are configured there to ensure valid emails don't go into your junk mail.
What to do about it
- Add the sender to your whitelist. If this is someone who emails you regularily, it's a wise idea to add them to your whitelist so emails from them go into your Inbox. This is easy to do and you can read instructions on how to do this by clicking here.
- Please check to see if you have a junk mail system built into your email
software, or, if you have some anti-virus/internet security which is
doing some junk mail filtering, and ensure your whitelists are
configured there to ensure valid emails don't go into your junk mail.
- If none of the above work, please log a support ticket via your website manager with the email address(es) of the person(s) who's emails are going into your junk mail folder. We can then check the logs to find out why their emails are going into your junk mail folder, and explain why. Please ensure you've whitelisted them first and that their emails going into your junk mail folder is happening after you have whitelisted them.
Shortcut to this page: http://faq.ph9.com/faq_question.asp?nFAQ_ID=%7BE21AE02B-4FEF-4FB2-B66B-C251788E561C%7D
© 2022 ph9 Ltd. Any FAQ, guides, advice or acticles here is provided "as is" with no warranty and as per our terms and conditions at www.ph9.com/terms